Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Man with 45 kg scrotum is raising money to fix his embarrasing condition...



A man with a scrotum weighing in at a whopping 45kg is raising money to fix his embarrassing condition.
Dan Maurer, 39, of West Michigan, says he is desperate to lose the root of the problem – a broken cyst which continues to grow – before he loses his wife.
"When I go out, people do look," he told KSDK.
"They try to be polite, you can see when something's not right."
Despite his concerns, Mr Mauer's wife of 20 years Mindy says she's not going anywhere but would like to see him happy and healthy once again.
"I haven't had marital relations with my husband in seven years," she said.
"When you say those marriage vows you either mean them or you don’t. I meant them."
For almost two decades Mr Maurer's condition baffled doctors, who told him to lose weight.
A strict exercise program shed kilos from his frame, but his scrotum continued to expand.
It was only recently that Mr Maurer was diagnosed with scrotal lymphedema, caused by blockages in his lymphatic vessels.
He says he must raise $20,000 for surgery in California if he has any chance of returning to a normal life.
"[Mindy] is amazing. Me personally, I don't see me being worth it. But to me, she is," he said.
"That's why I'm going through with this."

No comments: