Popular Posts

Monday, March 11, 2013

Why the fork they ask?


fork food 005
FORK.
"There's one more thing," she said excitedly.
"What's that?" came the Priest's reply.
"This is very important," the young woman continued.
"I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand."
"In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always
remember that when the dishes of the main course were
being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say,
"Keep your fork". It was my favorite part because I knew
that something better was coming ... like velvety chocolate
cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and
with substance!
So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with
a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder "What's with
the fork?" Then I want you to tell them: "Keep your fork.
The best is yet to come."
kristendouglas/poems

No comments: