Popular Posts

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Social network sites - the good, the bad and the ugly - Ning goes premium...

Image representing Ning as depicted in CrunchBaseImage via CrunchBase
Social network sites - the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Visited a few, and joined a few. I have decided to visit Netlog a bit more. Ning have announced they are ceasing free membership in a few weeks and starting up a premium service.. Thought about updating, but now have second thoughts. If I forget to pay annual fees, or can't pay I will lose everything in my Ning. I will recirculate my posts to another sites. the pictures there are from my computer in any case.

Joined Sidetick last year. Thought I could make a few bob (bucks to Americans) and became involved and was well on the way to my US$100 payout. Then they dropped a bombshell that foreigners like me would no longer be able to earn money there like north Americans, Aussies, Brits and Israelis. This kiwi boy was as foreign as some rabid North korean.

I went on the offensive, wrote a few posts at Sidetick and on the blogesphere telling the online world what a bunch of a-holes Sidetick really were! They disabled my account. Jeez was I worried? Yeah right! Don't get involved with them  they can't be trusted at all! Even Adsense can be bloody minded too!

Hey readers, why not tell me what sites you have been involved with?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: