Popular Posts

Friday, January 14, 2011

A meeting between a father and son...

A meeting between a father and a son...

One day in heaven, Jesus' secretary said, "Sir, I think you are working too hard. You should get out and meet new people."

Jesus agreed and went for a walk down the streets of gold. Presently from a side street he heard the rhythmic sound of sawing and spied an old bearded carpenter  in his workshop.

"Sir," Jesus said, "why do you labor so? This is heaven and your days of hard work are long behind you."

The old man whose face dripped with sweat, replied. "I had a son on earth whose birth was a miracle. I haven't seen him since he died. He knew I loved working with wood, and I thought if I make enough noise he would come and find me."

A look of stunned realisation came across Jesus' face.

The carpenter saw it  and stopped sawing. As he gazed at Jesus, eyes beginning to mist up, their eyes locked.

Jesus simply said, "Father."

The old man replied, "Pinocchio?"


Acknowledgements:  Public Domain Online

http://huttriver.blog.co.uk

No comments: